You can provide hope and support for future generations
After looking after your family and loved ones, please consider including the Sisters of Charity Foundation in your Will. Your gift, no matter how large or small, will make a difference.
Your gift will honour your memory and help give hope to future generations.
A gift can…
- Give the gift of education to a young person who has grown up in out-of-home care by allowing them to study at university or TAFE.
- Help dozens of community projects around Australia that help families and individuals impacted by disadvantage and poverty.
- Help provide safe accommodation for some of the most marginalised people in our community.
Be assured we will use your gift to create the greatest impact for the most vulnerable people among us.
How to leave a gift in your Will
Step 1: Speak to your family and loved ones
We recommend letting your family know that you are planning to leave a gift to the Sisters of Charity Foundation, so they are aware of your decision.
Step 2: Decide what kind of gift to leave
There are three main ways to do this:
- Residual – make a gift of the remainder, or a percentage of the remainder, of your estate once your loved ones and expenses have been taken care of.
- Percentage – leave a percentage of your estate to the Foundation. This gives longevity to your Will because your gift won’t be influenced by inflation or changes in the value of your estate.
- Specific – you may nominate a specific sum of money in your Will.
Step 3: Speak to a solicitor
We recommend that your consult a solicitor before writing or updating your Will. The Foundation can assist with legal advice on the preparation of your Will free of charge – please phone our office on (02) 9367 1211 for more information.
Step 4: Wording your Will
To include your gift to the Sisters of Charity Foundation when you write or update your Will, please give the following wording to your solicitor:
I [name] Give and Bequest to the Sisters of Charity Foundation (ABN: 99 342 873 237) of Level 7, 35 Grafton Street Bondi Junction NSW 2022 to be applied for the purposes and objects of the Sisters of Charity Foundation:
- The remainder of my estate in whatever form, after payment of any debts, liabilities and taxes and after the provisions of my Will (for my family, friends and others) have been fully paid and/or satisfied.
- [insert percentage here] % of my real estate property known as [insert address] (or shares or debentures or other assets as the case may be).
- The sum of $[insert amount here].
If you wish you can also specify the purpose to which you would like your gift to be put.
- To be used for [indicate how the gift is to be used]
- To be applied for the purposes of the Sisters of Charity Foundation in such a manner as the Foundation may determine.
A gift in your Will can make a world of difference to the work we do, giving hope and support to those who need a helping hand.
For information on how to leave a gift in your Will to the Sisters of Charity Foundation, please read our Gifts in Wills brochure or request a copy by phoning us on (02) 9367 1211.